Put Your Business Training on the Fast Track with Our 10-Week Internship Program
The application deadline is 10/19/2012
When I was in my 3rd year of college journalism training, I moved to Louisville, KY for the summer to work as an intern for the Louisville Courier Journal. At that time, it was one of the premier newspapers in the country.
Without that internship, I never would have been successful in the newspaper business. I wouldn’t have made the connections, or gotten the experience, or really learned what ACTUALLY goes on behind the scenes of a real newspaper.
Eight months after that internship, I purchased a weekly newspaper and launched my career – I went from reporter, photographer, editor to owner and publisher in less than a year. I shortened my learning curve by at least 5 years.
That wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t experienced the inner workings of real journalism as an intern at the Courier Journal.
If you’re starting your new career as an online business person, you know the learning curve is steep!
How do you get the real experience you need?
Simple. Become a MyNAMS intern.
We’re looking for people to work with us in 12 online business areas. They are:
- SEO Copy Writing
- Article Writing and Article Marketing
- Project Management
- Joint Venture and Affiliate Partner Recruiting
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Long Term Marketing Planning and Execution
- Video Production and Marketing
- Kindle Publishing and Promotion
- Curriculum Manager
- Art Direction and Graphics Manager
You may be making lots of progress in your business, or you may be struggling along. In any case, you either have time or money. Normally, people early in their business creation don’t have both.
But you have to learn the necessary business skills as quickly as possible.
This month at MyNAMS we are introducing our new 10-week internship program which focuses on 12 different areas in online and affiliate marketing. Each 10-week period, we will choose 12 applicants who we believe show genuine promise in their area of expertise.
We want to help you take your business to the next level.
What is expected of Interns?
- Focus: You WILL focus on only one of the tasks for that 10-week period and learn to master it. At the end of that period, you can apply for another of the task areas if you want to continue as an intern.
- Time: You have to put some skin in the game. We expect 10 hours of effort per week. We’re going to spend a significant amount of time communicating with you via Skype and developing documented training plans. You will contribute to that documentation as appropriate.
- A Plan: Once you review our requirements for the internship and our documentation, we request that you submit a plan of attack for the 10 weeks.
- Communication: Stay in touch and keep moving forward. We expect a daily “doneness” report in your Dropbox folder that we share. A template will be provided.
- Weekly Intern Progress Meeting: For 30 minutes each week, we’ll discuss progress against the plan and address issues.
- Access: We’ll work closely with you to make sure you’re on the right track via Skype, phone and email
- Documented 10-Week Plan: We’ll give you a step-by-step document that gives you guidelines on what’s to be done and how. Of course, your input is essential to making sure this works for both of us really well
- Endorsement: Complete the 10-week program with AND achieve the results we’re agree on in the beginning and you’ll receive a letter of recommendation and an endorsement from us that you can use as a testimonial / introduction to other business folks.
- Pay: This, like most internships, is not a paid position. Your contribution is valuable to us and your experience should be at least as valuable to you.
- MyNAMS Membership: You get 2 years of your MyNAMS Premium Membership for free
- NAMS Workshop: 2 seats at the next NAMS workshop in Atlanta. Bring yourself and a friend.
What you can expect from us?
Not only will you get detailed training in your specified area; you will receive a certificate which documents your participation in the MyNAMS internship program. Anyone with this certification will then be placed in a group which we recommend to all of our members and instructors. On the MyNAMS Member directory, you’ll add the “Certified NAMS __________ “ (Social Media Marketer for example.)
Every day we have requests asking if we can recommend someone who can help a fellow member with a specific project. So instead of us thinking of someone to recommend, we will point all of our inquiries to the certified resources area.
If you’ve seen the NAMS Aides Spotlight page, that’s what it will look like, except by category.
Is this for YOU?
Maybe. This is NOT for everyone! So, you will have to evaluate first if you can commit to this 10-week program.
Here are the qualities we’ll look for:
- Self-Starter – someone who doesn’t wait for direction, but comes up with ideas and solutions
- Low-Maintenance – an intern is really valuable to us, but not if you’re the “black hole of need” as my wife says…
- Knowledgeable – you have to know something about the internship topic that you’re applying for. You don’t have to be an expert, but you have to know enough to jump in and discover more
- Interested – if you’re not really interested in the topic, please don’t apply
How do I apply?
Submit an application to us telling us why you think the internship program will benefit you. The application will ask specific details about your business, what you believe are your best skills and what are the skills you feel you are lacking to effectively move forward in your online business.
Click the Continue button below to complete the application form. You’ll be notified as we make our evaluations.