How to Spot Danger Before Your Computer Gets Infected, Your Site Hosts Malware, and Your Credit Card Number Gets Stolen
Click the image to watch the video presentation
Right-click here and choose “save as” to download the audio.
You surf the web, log into your social networking accounts, check your email, add content to your site, and shop online. Are you aware of the hidden dangers that lurk behind links, email, and malware?
What may look like an innocent hyperlink could potentially send you to your computer repair store. And dangerous links can inject malware onto your website and infect your visitors’ computers with viruses.
Sites that may look legit could actually be a phishing site ready to steal your credit card information. (Malicious hackers love to sell credit card numbers for a $1.)
Security expert, Regina Smola will show you how to spot danger before it’s too late. She’ll be covering:
- How to tell if it’s a real site or a “fake” site pretending to be real
- How to tell if your website is infected with malware
- How to tell if your website is blacklisted by search engines (e.g. Google, Yahoo, etc.)
- How to tell if your email account is hacked
- How to know when someone is spamming you
- How to tell if your social networking account (e.g. Twitter, FaceBook, etc.) is hacked
Regina Smola is a sought-after WordPress Security Expert, Speaker, Author, and owner of WPSecurityLock.com
She has helped thousands of WordPress users tighten security on their WordPress blogs, fixed hundreds of hacked websites, and is an official NAMS instructor teaching students how to protect their online business.