How do you promote an affiliate program if you have no website or list?
Tai Nichols, one of the charter MyNAMS members and a former coaching student of mine asked a great question. She, like many niche marketers, doesn't have a marketing or business opportunity list because she doesn't focus on that niche. Her's is travel to St. Lucia.
What is the best way to promote NAMS if you don't have a website? I heard David mention in the video that he has been telling people about this but I must have missed the information about how to do this. My sites deal with travel and gifts not affiliate marketing and I have no list.
I really want to promote NAMS and I have been thinking of ways to do it (quickly) without having to create a site and build an audience etc. Can someone give me 10 ways to promote NAMS when you have no site about marketing/online business and no list? I really want to build a list to promote NAMS so any tips about this is great as well.--Thanks--Tai
This is a great question! Promoting products outside your normal market under these constraints is not nearly as difficult as you might think. In fact, some affiliates promote products without ever building a list and make fine money doing just that, but that's not what we recommend. The question really is how can you do it profitably?
So, let's be really clear about this.
If you have no list, no website or (I'll throw this one in for good measure) no budget, how do you promote the NAMS workshop and MyNAMS membership site successfully?
And here's another question: What does every effective affiliate need to make sales?
Content - This is a given. You've got to have something to say, but you don't necessarily have to create it the words, video or audio. In the MyNAMS.com Affiliate Toolbox, you can quickly have a variety of different pieces of content to use to promote our products.
Affiliate Link - Get the right affiliate link for the right product. At MyNAMS.com, you can log in to the Affiliate Toolbox and grab a link to many different products including the workshop and the premium membership site.
PayPal Account - This is the simplest way to collect money. I hear people say they don't want to use PayPal because they have to add a credit card or bank account number to PayPal to verify their account. Here's the fact: If you're going to do serious business online, you need trusted partners and PayPal is one the biggest partners you'll need. Your marketplace will want to pay with PayPal. Don't force them to go somewhere else.
Distribution - If you don't have a way to get your links in front of traffic, then the first three points mean nothing. During this step you are placing your links in front of the prospects just as a fisherman drops his line in known fishing holes.
Obviously, distribution is the hard part. How and where should you distribute your affiliate links.
First, let's begin by saying that you certainly should be working toward building a list and a website - even if it's a free blog using Blogger.com, WordPress.com or other free blog to support your promotion efforts. And you should also use an autoresponder service like Feedblitz or aWeber that will give you a small list for free or low-cost such.
Did you know all Premium MyNAMS Members have a free blog on this site too?
As a MyNAMS Premium Member, you already have a blog dedicated to your writing. You can use it for anything (except hate speech, gambling or pornography). If needed, you can really do much of your promotion from that space. Take a look at a real-live example:
Jeff Wise, a NAMS7 attendee and MyNAMS Premium Member has posted a link in his personal blog on MyNAMS about his experience at his first NAMS workshop. Jeff is using the blog to drive traffic back to his main blog where he's using his affiliate link to refer readers to the next NAMS workshop.
It's a perfectly good plan to do this since he's wanting qualified traffic back to his site. If you didn't have a site, you could insert your affiliate link in your post on the personal blog and drive traffic there.
This has three benefits:
- You drive traffic to your affiliate link for the NAMS workshop and potential commissions
- You get prospects into the MyNAMS site where they may find something else, maybe even a MyNAMS Premium Membership, and you get additional commissions.
- The prospect signs up for a free product or basic MyNAMS membership and we help them progress to a paid membership and you get commissions.
10 Ways to distribute your affiliate links profitably without a list
Get familiar with the Affiliate Toolbox. Get your links there and any content that you'd like to use as part of your campaign.
- Brandable reports: This is one of my favorite techniques because it's tried and true, time-tested technique that works for the long term. Take one of the special reports we have in the Affiliate Toolbox and brand it with your affiliate link. Load it to a site like IdeaMarketers as a free infoproduct for people to download.
- Facebook: Write a post about the NAMS workshop you attended and the things you liked most about it. Post it there with your affiliate link.
- Workshop Quotes: I sat in Mark Hendricks' Internet Success System weekend workshop once and pulled more than 200 quotes from the instructors. I kept a spreadsheet open in front of me and captured the quotes as I heard them. I edited each to 140 or less characters and scheduled all of those quotes as tweets in Twitter using SocialOomph scheduling tool. My affiliate link was embedded in each.
- Review articles: Write an article or two about the workshop and your personal review. This is all opinion and all you. Be sure to include what you loved about the workshop and only one thing that you didn't like. Make the parts you loved greatly outweigh what you didn't like. Post that review in a forum like the Warrior Forum or on your personal blog at MyNAMS.com and promote that link through your social networks.
- Interview yourself: Create a quick audio review of your NAMS experience. Post that audio in one of the Podcasting directories such as PodcastDirectory.com, PodcastAlley.com, Postcastingnews.com, or Podfeed.net
- Interview your favorite instructor: If you attended NAMS, who impressed you most. Send them a note and request a 15-30 minute interview about the topic they discussed at NAMS. Post that interview in the podcasting directories listed above, but also add that to your MyNAMS member blog and drive traffic back there from all of your social networking activity as well as other sites. Be sure to prominently display your affiliate link.
- Create a press release: You don't have to own NAMS to create a press release about it. The press release can be about your attendance, what you won if you won a drawing, about the winners of the affiliate contests, or even the next NAMS. Schedule something special for yourself - for example, a meet up of Northern California niche marketers Friday evening at the NAMS8 reception. Create a press release announcing it and include your affiliate link. Post it to all of the press release sites you can.
- Create a forum signature: If you frequent any forums, you should be talking about NAMS (or the program you want to promote). Be honest and informational. Then in your profile signature, include a comment about NAMS and your affiliate link. Post often and keep the signature in front of the readers. Write compelling, useful or controversial content that gets people talking about your post. And be sure to answer every comment so you keep the posts moving. Your signature gets a review each time.
- Post your pictures from NAMS: If you've been to a previous NAMS, post your pictures on sites like Flickr.com or other photo sites. Be sure to use your affiliate link as the contact link in the caption of those photos.
- Use the NAMS one-click promotion link: Spend a lot of time in the MyNAMS forum and reviewing content on the MyNAMS site. Click the one-click promotion link at the top of the page and on the forum to get a link to each piece of content or thread. Then write about it in Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Technorati, and all the other social networking sites. Use your affiliate link.
There you have it: 10 easy ways to promote NAMS or MyNAMS or any other website even if you don't have a website or a list.
Obviously, there are many more. What did I leave out that you'd like to add in the comments below?
Why the MyNAMS Insiders Club is EXACTLY
what you're looking for!
MyNAMS TEAM - You never have to work in isolation again!
The MyNAMS Team goes way beyond the staff and support personnel. We've put together a group of people who make it their mission to ensure your success. With more than 75 instructors and 100s of members, you find people who can answer your questions quickly, partner with you to create products, and build relationships that help you launch your business or take it to the next level.
We've worked diligently to ensure you have the ability to communicate with us, instructors, and peers (at your own experience level) in a safe environment and find the right mentors or coaches just for you. We make the introductions that you want.
Look for the icon at the left in the benefits grid to see the specific team options we offer.
MyNAMS Training - Learn what you need when you need to learn it!
The MyNAMS Training system is focused on thorough step-by-step instruction with that meets you where you are. It makes no sense to teach you advanced strategies and techniques when you don't have a blog or website. And teaching you how to install a blog when you have dozens already is ridiculous. First, we determine where you are in your experience and then we point you to the right level of training that will enhance your business experience from Novice to Advanced.
Yes! We teach marketing, traffic generation, technology, keyword research and much more, but only when you're ready. And if you need help just getting the technical aspects of doing business online, we have more than 1300 tutorial videos in the Library.
Look for the icon at the left in the benefits grid to see the specific training options we offer.
MyNAMS Tools - Content, graphics, audio, checklists - we've got it for you!
The MyNAMS Tool belt comes with just about everything you need to get a business up and running. In fact, you can be selling products from the Niche Mall even if you've never sold anything before and don't have a website. One of the most frustrating parts about doing business online is realizing you have to nickel and dime yourself to bankrupcy before you can actually get a site up. Not with us.
We provide you graphics, article content, images, audio clips, reports, sales funnels, turnkey websites, and even adsense website portals so you can begin immediately to create or improve your business with confidence that you don't have to spend a ton more cash.
Look for the icon at the left in the benefits grid to see the specific tools options we offer.
To find out more about the MyNAMS Insiders Club, click the link below!