Demographic Gold with Bob Scardamalia
Finding Customer and Market Data to Insure Business Success
Click the image to watch the video presentation
Right-click here to download the mp3 to your computer.
They say data isn’t sexy but it’s so important for making informed business decisions. Demographics is a buzz word that’s been around for a long time but do you know how to find and use the data to insure business success?
This session will point you to the key demographics that are important for business decision making and you’ll learn how to access a goldmine of data for free. Whether you’re marketing on the Internet or to the customer down the street, you need to use the data so you aren’t making decisions in the dark.
- Are you marketing to parents of teenagers or pre-schoolers?
- Do you provide financial services to Millenials or Baby Boomers?
- Where do your customers live, how much money do they make, are the highly educated?
- How do you know if your market in growing or shrinking?
- If your business is just a glint in your eye you make informed decisions that will get your business off on solid footing.
- Do you look at your Alexa or other web tracking data? Do you know how that relates to demographic markets and trends?
Have your laptop with you because you’ll use the Census Bureau’s online tools for accessing the demographic data you need to better understand your customers and market. These are public domain resources so you’ll learn efficient methods for mining data gold.
Bob Scardamalia is a data consultant for the Empire Center and President of RLS Demographics, Inc., a firm specializing in the use and analysis of economic and demographic data for private and public applications. He was formerly Director of the Center for Research and Information Analysis in the New York State Department of Economic Development and served as Chief Demographer of the State of New York and Director of the State Data Center.